Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rest and Recovery

I've been tired all week, and still can't decide if I'll do a hammer this weekend. I'll do a hundred, but may keep the pace down in the 18-19 mph range.
Today was a really nice ride. Slow and wet don't usually add up to nice, but I had no objective other than getting out. It was raining pretty good when I started, so I donned the rain jacket, mounted the "B" bike with a rear fender, placed a cap with visor on the old noggin under the hell mutt and ventured out. Stayed on the paths and did my winter route. I think I saw two cyclists, maybe 4 joggers and about 200 ducks. Apparently they like water.
Things look cool when they are wet...kind of clean and full...refreshed. Sort of like I feel after a cold drink of water on a hot humid day.
Tired week, but still managed 317 slow, slow miles. Today 21/14.7

No comments: