Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shot

Quads weren't screaming, but they were grumbling when I woke up. Yesterday took it's toll.
Looked pretty sloppy out there this morning, so I got out the winter gear, which I'd hoped I wouldn't see again until November, pumped up the tires on the Evil One, with full fenders, and took off on the SSR+ Baker. Quads and lungs were not happy with my choice of bikes, and complained often about how much more the Evil One weighs than Orbea.
I probably could've gotten away with riding the Salsa, as about half way through the ride, the snow ended and the roads started to dry. That was about when the winds started to pick up, but I got lucky, because I had just turned south, with the wind at my back.
I stopped in Excelsior for a quick hot chocolate, probably the last until November. In Excelsior I came to a four way stop about the same time as a Mercedes pulled up to an opposing sign. THE GUY WAVED ME THROUGH! It's nice to know there are some nice ones. 50/16.0 (remember, I was on the Axis, and shot)

Some Left Jersey Pocket Photos From Today's Ride




1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Boy those photos look familar. That's what it looked like here this morning...all four inches. The wind was strong, very strong.

Good for you for riding another 50 today. I feel tired just reading about all your miles!!!