Monday, April 20, 2009

That Wasn't Spring

Looked and felt more like November, gray, cloudy, cold and windy. Still working on getting the cement out of the legs. The wind was ripping today. Didn't work hard at all. Just tried to keep the cadence high and the effort low.
Got stopped by a cop at Lake Street and Dean Parkway. He pulled over and in front of me and rolled down his window. I kind of stuck my head in the patrol car and said, "how's it going?" He responded by saying. "you like your bike...is it carbon?" I told him it was all aluminum. He said he just bought a new Cannondale. We talked bikes for about 5 minutes. As we finished up, I mentioned the assault attempt against me on the greenway and how much I appreciate all the police are doing to keep us safe. He seemed a little surprised, that I was thanking him. 33/15.6

Three trees trying to grow in the same spot at Thomas Beach, over the years, makes for some interesting entanglements.





3 comments:

Meow said...

Ha! Awesome copper story!! :D

tainterturtles said...

I love the tree trunk pics! Nice contrast in texture and color.

Lynne said...

That's pretty cool, that he was interested in the bike and proud of his recent purchase.

Anway, for what it's worth, I think they really are trying to patrol the Greenway more. It's been about a month since I saw one, but since the (relative) warm up has started, I've seen patrol cars on the Greenway twice. But none since your incident, which is a shame.