Monday, November 2, 2009

Full Moon Luck

Got stopped today by a cop for blowing a stop sign on the greenway.
I was traveling east on the greenway and came to the Blake Rd crossing. I did slow and saw that no cars were coming, and proceeded to cross Blake without coming to a complete stop. The St.Louis Park police officer was behind me and was driving along the greenway. I had no idea he was back there.
He requested to look at my ID went back into his squad and checked on my driving history.
He came back, as I had waited in the cold, and said, "Mr. Russell I never do this, but I'm not going to give you a ticket". Then he said, "believe me, I never do this, but you've got a clean driving record". I got the impression from more of our conversation that he may have gone a little easy on me because of my age. Also, when he stopped me he asked if I had heard about the cyclist that was killed on the greenway at Belt Line. I responded, "yes, he was drunk".

After he made it clear I was not getting a ticket, I asked him what constitutes a stop, do I have to put a foot down? He responded by saying, "the definition of stop is cessation of movement", if you can stop moving and stay on your pedals you are fine.

I got lucky today.

Now on to the ride.

It was cold and windy. There are very few trees with leaves left on them, which isn't too big of a surprise after all the wind and rain over the last week.

The full moon tonight looked cool over Harriet and Calhoun.








5 comments:

muyres said...

and you saw 2 of the greatest cyclists in the world !

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Yeah, and that too.

tainterturtles said...

Yup, you lucked out. Geez, the cops are pretty picky when it comes to the Greenway.

On my way to spin class I also saw the full moon...You caught the moon nicely in your photos.

Meow said...

I almost got nabbed over there at Blake Rd. as well!! But lucky for me, the cop had stopped a motorist. He looked at me and yelled something-I waved at him and kept goin!! (heeeheee)

dew said...

What would Ice Cube say about that?