Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lethargy

Got a call from Ron at 9AM, which kept today's ride from being a solo effort. Actually effort does not describe the ride well...lethargic is more accurate. The day started cold and damp and didn't dry out much, even though the northwest wind was trying. It was anything but lethargic.
Like always, riding with Ron is the best. I'd put in about 15 headwind miles to get to his place and then we turned North, for another 15 miles still into the wind, heading for Lake Independence. Riding along the shores of Lake Minnetonka and Lake Independence is always beautiful, even if it's cold and gray out. Then, of course, we were able to catch up on all the gossip from the last week. We're just a couple of old bitties.
We got to enjoy Baker, Medina and Hamel with the wind at our backs. As we coasted through Wayzata, we see a pink jacket, which can only mean one thing. Yep, it was Lynne beating up the wind on her Redline.
Good Ride. Great to be with Ron. Now it's time for some hot chocolate. 62/17.7

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I didn't realize it was you and Ron until you shouted a "hi". You looked pretty happy, and not just because you had a nice tailwind.

Disliking the Theo Wirth access to the Luce line, I hit the road on the Redline to get to the trail through Wayzata, where I saw you guys. Traveled further down it than I have before, and I must say I'm in love. Next time I might even drive to Wayzata so I can go further down. The 8 mile mark is nothing like the 18 mile mark, in my humble opinion. I finally understand why people say it's such a nice trail.

I'd highly recommend it-how far have you ridden it? Even though a lot of the "farms" are spectacularly expensive newer houses, there are some beautiful old farms as well. I know you like farm buildings more than animals, but there was a sheep farm, a llama farm, some swans (I swear!), and lots of horses of course.

tainterturtles said...

62m on a cold, damp day? You deserve more than hot chocolate! Maybe a warm buttery scone.