Saturday, November 21, 2009

Where's The Advil?

I'm getting to &*%ing old for this. Whose idea was it anyways to do a hilly route late in November? Rodents showed up and a nice leisurely ride turned ugly. Rich, Derrick and Chris were in mid-season shape. My shape can best be described as round. These guys were all over the hills. Derrick was just dancin' up them. I was able to do some serious screamin' on the descents, as I've been at my winter weight since July.
Oh, did I mention the head wind?
We did settle down to a nice November pace after the coffee stop in Afton, but the damage to my quads had already been done.
Now, of course, I have to say I really had a lot of fun, but that might be because I'm home now, and the Advil has taken effect. Seven of us showed for this one, which is indicative of what a perfect day it was. I really did have a blast. 76/18.3

2 comments:

amy said...

ouchie.

tainterturtles said...

Oh my, 76 miles on a November day? Unreal. Maybe your quads want to be in the rest mode at this time of the year. Keep doing what your doing and have fun.

Had fun today in your city!!!!!