Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It Is Done

Met up with an old buddy at the Depot and rode about 20 miles with him. We haven't seen each other for a year, so it was nice to catch up. He's just getting into cycling, so we kept it simple, which I try to do anyways, around the lakes and along the greenway.
We got together about 3:30. I'd been working on the bike build, but wasn't quite done with it. All that still needed to be done was program the computer and tape the bars. When I got back from my ride with Andy I finished everything up on the build and took the finished product out for a test drive. 40/16.8
Pre-Test Ride


Post Test Ride
Everything was dialed in just right. I was careful to use the same measurements from my CAAD9. The only problem is from the front derailleur. The trimming isn't working right, and I get a little chain rub on the chain guide. I stopped at Mid-Town Freewheel and borrowed a Phillips screw driver to put an end to the rubbing.
D/A 7900 is fantastic! The clean look from routing the cables along the bars is something I've wanted since I started cycling.
The frame is as stiff, quick and responsive as my Arin was, and is not nearly as sluggish on the hills as my CAAD9 is. Now I've just got to get the sludge out of my legs.
Oh yeah. The bike as you see it weighs 1.60 pounds less than my CAAD9.



4 comments:

StevenCX said...

The clean look from routing the cables along the bars is something I've wanted since I started cycling.
I've heard some Italian company has been making components since before you started cycling that would meet that criteria...

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Yeah, but who wants to own Campy?

tainterturtles said...

Wow, two rides today? Lucky you. Your new bike looks amazing.

MrDaveyGie said...

That is one hot looking lady