Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No Complaints

Nice ridin' weather out there. I could put up with this for awhile.
So I'm riding along at a nice easy pace, and a guy just blows by me. I mean his draft almost knocks me over. He's a big boy....Hey! That's Mike! I dig deep and try to reel him in, but he's flying. He comes up on some other cyclists and has to slow down, so I gain on him a little. Another flock of cyclists and then an intersection and I finally got his wheel. I have to yell to get his attention, because he has his earphones in. We rode the for 15 miles together. He was nice enough to slow down a little for me.
Good talking, I really enjoyed it. We're in the same business, but we talked more about cycling. That's hard to believe, isn't it? 33/17.5

Haven't worked on the bike build since Friday. Changed that today and spent some time getting the cables and housings put on. Wheels, cassette, computer and chain, then I'll be ready to set the derailleurs and ride. I don't know why I'm taking so long to do this. I've built a few bikes. These are the most expensive components and frame I've ever worked with, so I think I may be a little nervous. You know, I probably just don't want to f%#k anything up, so I'm taking my time. Maybe it'll be done by....uh, I don't know. Let's say this, when I want to, I'll work on it.





5 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

That is so very purity. You are going to have fun with that.

MrDaveyGie said...

Sorry but I have been repeating myself a lot lately. Actually I don't know how that happen.

tainterturtles said...

That bike is not only purity, but striking in beauty. Wow, how exciting to build a new bike.

Can't wait to see the full-blown pic soon.....legs and all.

amy said...

it is lovely, but I am not all that eager to see it show up live on a Saturday.

mrbill said...

Hey, that's my dream bike, nice!!