Thursday, March 18, 2010

Perspective

It's been a good, but tough week, on the bike, and I'm feeling old. From Friday through today, I've logged 280 miles. Met my goal. Last time I put that many miles on in a week was September 18th through 24th, 2009. Tomorrow looks prime for a day off, then it's back at it on Saturday. I'm down to one hard ride a week now. It's been like this for a couple of years. Younger days (early 40's) I was fine with three hard rides. Late 40's it was two. Now I need a whole week to recover, from my one hard ride. Ahhh to be young again.....not really, I'm quite content. 33/16.6

1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

Well said. I also "try" to be content. In my 30s and through my 40s I could do everything I wanted and recovery just occured. Now, rest is forced, my mind doesn't like rest, days off, but the body demands it. But biking we must, and we do.