Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Bit Of Trail and A Bit Of Road

Was thinking it would be a nice day for a road ride until I woke up and saw someone had powdered the roads during the night. Opted for Evil. Amy, Steven and I pedaled our way to the LRT and Excelsior. Twelve miles into the ride I hit the 11,000 mile mark for the year. The celebration was brief, remaining on our bikes and not stopping. We did stop in Excelsior at Dunn Bros where I had a delicious cinnamon roll. They warmed it up for me, which made the butter cream frosting on top melt down into the cinnamon crevasses. It got a little gooy...had to lick my fingers.
Back on our bikes we were now traveling on asphalt. The 1/4 inch of snow had, for the most part, disappeared. Lots of talking, now that the wind was at our backs, and delighting in the fact that we were out, on the tar, we made our way to Wayzata. Amy even seemed happy. I couldn't let this last, so, once back into the city limits I directed the train up to Mt Curve, just above the Cedar Lake Trail and Lake of The Isles. At the summit of this very short, but rather steep ascent the volcano erupted and violence was perpetrated on my right arm by the said, Ms. Hanenburg. There were witnesses.
Satisfied with what I had accomplished, we made the descent down to and then around Lake of The Isles, and finally to the flatness of the greenway. I rode with Amy and Steven to Portland Ave, then made my way to the creek and home back along the lakes. A very nice mid-December ride. 55/15.5

Winter is being a little schizophrenic, and can't decided if it wants the lakes frozen or not.

But As The Sun Set It Dusted The Harriet Ice With A Little Gold


Then Turned It All To Gold

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Excellent photos Tom. Wow, you had a great ride today.

Congratulations on your 11,000 miles. Bike man and I are jealous.