Thursday, December 8, 2011

Major Wuss Outbreak

I bailed on riding. Nineteen degrees and a five degree windchill had me heading for the gym. Achieved some serious sweating for an hour on the elliptical along with another half hour on the stationary bike. Listened to Christmas music - a little Brian Setzer and Trans Siberian Orchestra. Felt pretty good. I think I got a pretty good work out in. Started going to a new gym. My old one, Bally's, closed. It's LA Fitness. Nice.
Looks like this will be the coldest night of the season, so far. I think I'll just hunker down and enjoy the warming glow from my TV.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Bike man was also listening to Trans Siberian this afternoon.

I'm glad you have a bail-out plan for really cold days.

MrDaveyGie said...

Ran into a fella on the trails last weekend. He had been visiting his son in the twin cities and saw a FatTire bike in one of the shops. Just saying. :-)~

mrbill said...

I can't believe it, only 19 deg with a 5 deg wind chill and you didn't ride, your going soft, Tom.