Saturday, December 10, 2011

Out And Back Saturday

Pretty typical Minnesota winter day, except we don't have much snow, which is just fine with me. Last year I got about 5 years worth of my fill of snow.
Day started out cold. The temp was only a few degrees above zero, but a fairly vigorous south wind had temps in the 20's when I got home. Blue was all over the sky and seemed to dominate what water was still open on the lakes. Even the snow seemed extra white with the bluing added by the sky.
Wanted to get a trail ride in so I climbed on Evil and rode the LRT to Victoria. Didn't need the extra weight of the studs, trail was down to the limestone in most places, but had it anyways. I like this trail a lot. It gets plowed, and runs through some very pretty country. The other thing that's nice about it is there's a total of 236 feet of climbing one way. Just did an out and back solo effort. Apparently I'm not as concerned about freezing my ass off as others are. 46 miles for almost 3 1/2 hours, and I was pretty shot at the end. I didn't stop and take on any fuel though, that may have had something to do with it. 46/13.9

This Is What It Looked Like Out There

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Sounds like a nice trail to ride Tom.

That sunshine sure quickly disappeared this afternoon.