Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Not been feeling too hot lately. A little upper respiratory something going on, so I opted for a solo ride, on Evil, along the LRT trail to Excelsior. Wind wasn't blowing too hard, but seemed gale force to me. It wore me down fast.
I decided that I'd get to Strawberry Lane, and stop and wish Ron a merry Christmas. His wife Laurie and their whole family was there. We talked for...I bet ya 20 minutes. Great family - good people.
Just got back on the trail and headed for home. A little easier with the tail wind, but something's suckin' the energy out of me. 40/14.4

Got home to some hot chocolate and made some last preparations for the Christmas Eve festivities at my Ex's. Everybody was there. It was fantastic to have all my kids and grandkids around. Nothing better.
I was wearing a sweater I got from Penny. I walked in the door and Brit says, "hey dad, nice sweater, did Penny give that to you?" Now, why would Brit assume that? It didn't take long and Nate and I noticed we were wearing similar sweaters, both given  to us by our girlfriends....
I scored some major swag, and have wonderful kids and grandkids.

My Food Contribution To The Night's Festivities
Lots Of Love And Presents
Taylor Is Making The Best Of Her Circumstances
Elijah Getting To Know His Newest Cousin

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Glad you could be with your family tonight.

Enjoy your Christmas ride tomorrow.