Saturday, December 31, 2011

Well It Certainly Will Be A Year Not Soon Forgotten.

Miles For 2011: 11361
Hardest Ride: Saturday, June 11th, "Little Extra Time On My Hands".
This was the first ride after breaking my ribs and wrist. I was pretty scared.
Favorite Ride: Saturday, June 25th, "PARTY!"
80 miles with a ton of friends for Amy's Birthday ride and then her party that night.
Favorite Post: Sunday, June 19th, "A Memory Of Me And My Dad".
Tenth anniversary of his death and ten years to the day of my most prestigious race win.
Images That Received The Most Comments:


My Favorite Image:

Other New And Exciting Experiences For 2011:
Started a new business by buying a foreclosed home, fixing it up, and renting it out.
Almost lost my Abstracting business, as the economy took its toll on the real estate market. Had a pretty remarkable come back in the last half of the year.
Met Penny and have had a wonderful time getting to know her. We are becoming very close and our relationship seems to have a longevity possibility that is scary and very exciting all at the same time. I'll have to tell you the story of how we met, and we didn't even know it, in an upcoming post.

I'm a very lucky man. This blog and the comments that come to me from it are a source of enjoyment for me. Thank you all for your cyber-friendships.

I'm fortunate to have friends that are willing to ride with me, and make my time on the bike so much more enjoyable.

Of course Amy, and our addiction to long Saturday rides...it's hard to imagine life without her friendship (this doesn't adequately describe my feelings and appreciation for her).

But nothing comes anywhere near the love and joy I receive from my children and grandchildren. I am rich beyond my wildest imaginations because of them, and my heart overflows with pride, amazement, and gratitude for the people they are, and the meaning they bring to my life.

Wishing all who read this a wonderful and happy new year.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Great post for the last day of the year. Bike man and I have enjoyed your blog....and the best part was finally meeting you on several occasions (and Amy & Lynne)!

I'm looking forward to your experiences and cycling stories in 2012. Can't wait to hear more about Penny!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos!-Barb

mrbill said...

and a Happy New Year to you to Tom, only the best in 2012