Monday, December 19, 2011

This Is My Kind Of Winter

Another December ride on my road bike. I may just be riding a road bike on Christmas Day. 20/15.5

Mentioned in yesterday's post that my chain broke during our Sunday ride, and we fixed it on the road. Replaced it today, and found that there was a lot of other damage. I'm not sure if it was just a bad chain, or what. I've never had problems with Shimano chains before. I think they're great. The other thing is this chain was relatively new, with less than 1000 miles. Maybe the derailleur sprockets caused the problem. As the picture shows below they're showin' a little wear. Whatever the cause, the chain and sprockets are all spankin' bran' new.



2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Your road bike? Wow. Take advantage of the road riding, just unreal for this time of year.

mrbill said...

I love to see a man get the maximum out of his equipment, you got the max out of the "rollers."