Sunday, January 4, 2009

It Just Looks Warm

Started my ride with a -2 degree temp and a windchill of -21. Got home and the temp had made it to 0 with the windchill at only -18.
Riding out of my 65 degree garage, the first breath of sub-zero air was like swallowing ice shards, scraping, scratching, spreading, then penetrating into my lungs. Blood vessels turned into chilled capillaries sending near freezing fluid flowing into my arms and legs. Trying to fight off the icy violation, my body seized, rebelled, rejected, and retreated to coughing, twitching, tingling, anything to fight off the invading cold. Unwilling to yield the muscles, lungs and limbs fought the immobilizing invader for almost 2 hours.
After circling lakes with only a few other warriors battling the elements, I retrenched back to headquarters, hot chocolate with coconut flavored rum, resting, relaxing and observing a battle of Vikings and Eagles. 16/11.0

So bright so ineffective!

Luke, I am Your Father




No comments: