Saturday, January 3, 2009

Two Tone Ride

Grey and white today, no sun and the sky looked like one large recently erased chalk board. Lynne brought some color to the ride though, with her pink jacket and red and white Conquest.
Just as we started out we came up on some Mormon missionaries. They weren't very talkative, but shadowed us up to about 55 on Theo Wirth Pkwy. I think they were intimidated by my atheistic riding style.

Lynne had the great idea of getting off the ice rink path and ride on the dry clear road. It was nice that someone brought their brain along for the ride. With very little traffic and even a few thumbs up from some motorists (they did have bikes in racks on top of their cars) we were having a great ride.

We got out a little early to avoid the predicted snow storm, that still hasn't hit, and were a little surprised by the lack of the usual joggers and dog walkers. We came back into downtown Minneapolis along the Mississippi River fighting a pretty nasty little head wind out of the southeast. It sure was nice to be able to tuck in behind Lynne and get out of it. Along the StoneArch Bridge the jogger count started to rise. We cruised along the east side of the river through the UofM campus and up hospital hill. When we got to Lake Street Lynne called it a day and enjoyed the wind at her back along the greenway all the way home.

I continued along the east side of the river to Minnehaha Falls, west along the creek to the lakes. It was one of those days when I really didn't want to stop riding, but I've been feeling so run down lately that I thought I better be smart and head home. As I cruised along the west side of Calhoun, past the kite-boarders, I talked my self into one lap around Isles, before I called it a day. 36/12.3

1 comment:

Lynne said...

"It sure was nice to be able to tuck in behind Lynne and get out of it."

ROFLMAO!!!!!