Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Am In Love

You know that wind wound up being a lot tougher than those weather guys said it would be. None of this 5-10 mph stuff, it was 15-20 mph and I was out there solo! I left early, for me, this morning and rode up to Scandia, came back through Marine, up Nason hill, into Stillwater, then down to Lake Elmo, over to St Paul and home. Man! it's beautiful up there. Lots of trees close to the road, some were old knotted up pines. Very cool lookin', and it seems like there was another lake every mile or so. I took my camera, but only got off my bike once at Marine on St. Croix. That's the problem, I see all this cool stuff that I'd like to shoot, but I don't want to stop and get off my bike. I'll be up there for work one of these times and take some photos then, with the big camera (the one that doesn't fit in my left jersey pocket).
I was feelin' it, in both the quads and the lungs today. It was a hard effort, but such a gorgeous area to ride through.
First century for the Fast Bike, and I am so in love with that bike. I've been in numerous relationships with women since my divorce 10 years ago. Emily and I broke it off...really the 1st of March, but took our time making it official. Every relationship has ended with comments about how much I ride, and how much it means to me. It is my one true love. Except for sleeping, there is nothing I spend more time doing. Not even my business. 103/19.1

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

High V Bro.
Very few understand this. I don't ride for excercise, health, weight control etc. I ride as often and as much as my body will allow, for one reason, I love it. I just spent the day on the bike, and sitting here thinking about tomorrow's riding. :-)

tainterturtles said...

Wow, I'm clapping right now for you Tom...that wind was nasty and to think you rode 103 miles, geez!

Sorry to hear about your relationship with E. I have to admit women my age or older just don't understand the love of cycling.

Hey, now don't be kissing that bike before bedtime or I'll be wondering about your mental status!!!!!!!

Lynne said...

"Not even my business" Slacker! hahahahaha

Still don't understand the bike thing. I'm just so disappointed in you, Tom. Here I thought you were a man to stand by your principles, and then you went and caved to technology. I'm still mourning the loss of my friend who was; "Mr. Aluminum Man".

*snicker* I just couldn't help myself. I'd say sorry, but I'm really not.