Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Tweak Is Done

So there's no trimming mechanism on the DA 7900 front derailleur. I spent a good hour fine tuning that derailleur this afternoon. I got it so that the chain guide rubs only a little in the 12 and 11. That wasn't unusual with the 7800 either. I'm a little nit-picky when it comes to my bikes, don't like squeaks, tics, rubbing, or any noise other than the hum of the tires on the asphalt. I was very pleased with Orca's (fast bike) performance tonight.
Near 80. Downed a whole bottle of water on a 2 hour ride. Lake ice has been gone for two or three days now, but the breeze is still cool off the lakes. Just did my usual spin along the greenway, Mississippi, Minnehaha Creek and Lake Harriet, Calhoun and Isles. 37/17.2

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Yahooo, ride on says the fat man with grizzly beard.

tainterturtles said...

The air is so dry. I can believe that you sucked down that much water.

StevenCX said...

You're not bringing that Saturday right? Wouldn't want to get the shiny bike it all dirty...