Sunday, April 25, 2010

Simple

Got another rain abridged ride in today. After the sky stopped leaking we took off, trying to find as many rollers as we could. Amy was sportin' the new Birchwood kit...pretty snazzy. Neither one of us has put in a ton of miles the last day or two, so the 15-20 mph wind out of the north wasn't too much of a menace. When we got that wind at our backs we were flying at 30mph over the rollers on the west side of Lake Independence. That helped us make fairly quick work of today's 65 miles. Like always, lots of talk, lots of fun and great company. 65/18.8

Elijah and I hung out tonight. I introduced him to the first Star Wars movie. The one that came out the summer after I graduated from high school. The one where we didn't know Darth Vader was Luke's father. The one I went to, for the first time, with a girl named Bobette. I didn't tell him any of that stuff, but we did eat pizza, drink root beer and acted silly. I still have the maturity level of a 7 year old. I figure that's why we get along together so well.

It's the simple stuff. I've just described a perfect weekend. Family, grandson, bike riding, great friend.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Biking, cinnamon muffins and family....how much better does it get?

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, sounds like a great weekend for all. :-) Now I am kinda waiting for some hot sunny riding after all the wet and chilly riding this weekend.