Saturday, April 24, 2010

Quack

Got up at 7 to be ready to ride at 8:30. Greeted by some thunder and lightning. Postponed my departure time until 9:30.
For breakfast, I made these cinnamon muffins from scratch, with a little buttermilk, sugar and, of course, tons of cinnamon... Yes, they do look delicious. Actually, they tasted even better than they look. They were warm and oooohhhh the smell. Cold butter melting on the cut warm muffin. HEY! Watch it! You're drooling on the keyboard.

Now to the cold wet ride ahead. Decided to get the webbed feet out. Staying comfortable is what it's about. A pair of rubbers with cut-out soles works pretty nice. Obviously, I've quit worrying about looking dorky.


After I got all the rain gear on, I hoped on the Axis (Evil One), with it's full fenders and was off.

Riding in the rain really is nice. All expectations are gone. The fact that you're out at all is a huge success.
As I've mentioned before, the rain brings a freshness. Everything looks like it just got a bath and a large cool glass of water, after a hot hard work out.

Mississippi River From High Bridge In St. Paul Downtown Minneapolis From the Stone Arch Bridge Over The Mississippi
Clouds were low until I got home and then things started to lift and dry out. I bet I'll be out again later this evening.

An easy effort this morning. Will probably play a little harder tomorrow. 50/16.7

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Yes, those muffins LQQK delilucious. I made a pair of shoe covers just like those you have. Rain riding, sure beats not riding.
Cheers

tainterturtles said...

Nice shoe covers, but more important were those cinnamon muffins....oh my they look good. Did you say buttery?????