Tuesday, April 6, 2010

That Was Unpleasant

Watched a water droplet dance dangle then fall, after forming, from the bill of my cap over and over again. That was about all I saw on tonight's ride. I had my hat low to keep the rain out of my eyes and off my glasses. The Evil One's full fenders kept the skunk stripe off my back and my legs dry. A waterproof jacket kept my torso sheltered, but with temps in the upper 40's, and winds at 15-20mph out of the NE wet and cold had no problem sneaking in. Almost called it quits a couple of times, but figured a hot shower and a warm bowl of split pea soup afterwards, would be even better the more miles I cranked out.

Socks and gloves stored some of that 48 degree rain. After the ride I was able to ring out about a half cup. Go stick your hands and feet in 48 degree water, and leave them in there for two hours. Can't call that pleasant. 33/15.2



2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, that's a lot of water you soaked up HL's. How about your feet? Did they go squish?

Soup was on our menu tonight as well.

MrDaveyGie said...

I certainly would not prefer a steady diet of rides like that. But they have their own unique 'pleasures' I rode along vicariously.