Sunday, April 3, 2011

AfterGlow

A pretty spectacular weekend for me. When I say, it doesn't get any better than this, I truly mean it. Friday night I had dinner with my daughter and her boyfriend. After that I had drinks with my old biking buddy Gordy (now retired from cycling). We talked for a couple of hours, and, of course, our racing days came up. We get faster every time the stories are retold. Saturday was a delightful bike ride with Amy and teammates from Birchwood. Saturday evening was filled with my kids and grandkids at a semi family reunion. My sister Marlene was there and friends that I have literally known all my life. Today a nice recovery ride with Amy...delightful weather, fun conversation and a great friend. I am a very fortunate man! 48/17.2

Taylor Last Night At The Family Get Together (the other kids were around and would periodically emerge from the basement, which was filled with cousins, out of breath and needing a drink of water, but that's all I saw of them)

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

It's all so awesome..

tainterturtles said...

I would have to agree with that. Family and friends make a persons life complete.

As for the good food and drinks, thats your reward!