Saturday, April 23, 2011

Celebrate!


These sun glasses have more miles on them than any of my bikes. They have also seen the 105 degree heat indexes and the 25 below windchills. None of my bikes can say that.

I did the same route today as last week, but this time solo, and I did Christmas Lake Hill and Purgatory Creek Ravine. The link below shows the climbs. Christmas Lake Hill is at the 70 mile mark. It's short and doesn't look all that ominous, and Purgatory, at about 72 miles, looks even more benign, but trust me, after 70 miles those suckers really hurt. Purgatory just seems like it will never end. 81/19.0
www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/20270182#climbs

Felt great to be out, despite the cool, cloudy day. Missed my friends who were all racing.
Amy WON! her cat 3 women race, and finished in the top 5 overall.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, nice mileage for solo today.

Nice job to Amy's efforts today.

mrbill said...

I checked out your ride profile, I kind of like the section just past the 26 mile point.
Sounds like you had a good day, and give my congrats to Amy.

MrDaveyGie said...

Seems I never can keep a pair of sun glasses longer then a few months. I lose em, break em, or the dog chew on em.