Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wisdom?

Went out with the fast goodlookin' bike this evening. I'm not sure why I decided to ride it. I know this though, I sure look faster and better on it. I do need all the help I can get too. 33/17.4

Saw some cool stuff today.
Trumpeter Swans While Working Just South of Belle Plaine
Sunset Behind Clouds and Over Isles


I've always been a self-pusher. Never a follower. It's been rare for me to be afraid to take something on, by myself. Having to do what somebody else said...I'd walk away from that.

As my body succumbs to the incessant tallying of years, I've finally found something that I'm afraid to take on by myself. I've got to slow down, decrease the intensity. The challenge is no longer to go faster and longer, but to accept, be patient with, and realize I need to ride the brakes on the descents and through the corners now. Maybe I can start measuring personal bests in wisdom.

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Tom, I am saving that last paragraph. Good wisdom. I found out. I will heal up but it didn't have to get to this point.

tainterturtles said...

Nice cool pics!

Being your own person says a lot about you. The challenge of riding is within yourself....you will decide what's best.

PS. I see more miles ahead Tom!

mrbill said...

Your a wise man Tom, life tends to be a teacher of sorts.