Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Johns, Computer, Cold

Interesting ride today, but let me get past the stats first.
250 crunches
20 push ups
15 roman sit ups (increased by 5 from last week)

Breakfast
Oatmeal 300
Banana 80
Brown Sugar 90
Lunch
Soup 200
Apple 100
Dinner
Potatoes 200
Peas 80
Sauce 160
Pear 100
Total 1310 cals
I'll probably have an orange later on tonight for about 1400 cals total

I estimate I burned about 1800 cals while riding.

It was 8 degrees when I got home from work, but the wind wasn't too bad, so I ventured out.
It was an interesting ride to say the least. It was snowing off and on, but every time it started to snow it seemed like the sun was out, and when it wasn't snowing it was cloudy. The snow looked like smoke, because it was so fine. I suppose that's because of the cold.

I rode past the inetersection of Minnehaha and Lake, and waited at the stop light. A white Jeep Grand Cherokee pulled up next to me. I thought a woman was driving, but later realized it was a man. He seemed very impatient, and kept on edging up, kind of jerking toward the intersection while the light was still red. He made this move about 3 or 4 times, and was more than a car length ahead of me when I noticed his window was down (remember it's 8 dergees out). There was a woman on the corner and he was yelling something at her. Something like "hey hop in I'll give you a ride", and she responded "no no thank you". Then " it's cold out, it's nice and warm in here". Again "no no thank you", was the response. The light turned green and his attempt at a kind gesture with no strings attached was over.

I got home and my bike computer indicated I had ridden 32 miles. This is interesting, because every other time I've taken this route, it has always been 30 miles. Hmmm. I went through some other readings on the computer and found that the maximum speed I had acheived during my ride was just a little over 100mph. Now I'm fast, but...I guess the cold doesn't slow computers down, but speeds them up. My time on the bike was 2hrs 4 minutes and I knew I'd gone 30 miles, so as tempting as it was to log a distance of 32 miles and an average speed of 15.7mph, as my computer indicated, I logged in what appeared to be a little more accurate distance and speed. 30/14.4

Now, could I have had this much fun at the gym? No effen way!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day!!! E and I both got a laugh outta this post.