Thursday, February 7, 2008

Transition From Base

Good ride tonight. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I felt good.

Over the next 6 weeks I'm going to transition from Winter base miles to my endurance base miles. Now I'm puting on about 150 to 200 miles a week. April 1st my miles will be between 250 to 300 miles. By May I will be puting on 300 miles a week, and then in June I'll start 300 to 350 miles a week. Along with that I will lose about 10 pounds between now and the first of April. I've gotten way too fat. Things are actually starting to shake. I'm going to be grumpy. Starting the first week of March I'll also increase the intensity (speed) of my rides. Now my weekday rides average in the 13mph range, by April 1st, I want my weekday average to be around 16mph. Weekends are now about 15 mph and by April 1st Saturdays should be near 19mph with May averages up at 20 to 22 mph. Sundays will be recovery rides for about 60 miles, but at 16mph or so. I want to be race ready by April 15, and ready for my sub 5 hr centuries by the first of May. I don't know if I'll do any racing this year, but I will be ready for them. I can race Cat 3, Master 35+ or 50+. My Hammer Hundreds are much more important to me than racing, although I like to get a race or two in just to see if I can still hang with the big boys.

My blog is going to change for awhile. Instead of describing my rides and what I saw, it'll be more of a log of stats. Yeah, I know real exciting. I'll log in miles, average speeds, and I may put in my daily weight. I will at least put in my weight once a week most likely on Fridays. On a daily basis, I'm also going to put what I ate, how many calories I ate, and my estimate of calories consumed. I'm not sure how long I'll keep on doing this...at least until I'm confident I'm on track for my training. This is what I did last year, and the year before that. I just wasn't blogging about it. So now I'll get made fun of when I mess up. Must read stuff...I know. It all starts Monday February 11th. 25/14.1

No comments: