Saturday, February 9, 2008

Perfect Timing

Fun ride today. Left and the temp was 24 degrees. Got home and the temp was 14 degrees. We knew a front was coming in so we headed towards it. It was snowing and got a little hard to see, but we really didn't have any temperature or wind issues. At about 15 miles we turned back and headed away from the oncoming front with the wind starting to pick up, but at our backs. Still snowing we noticed a little more of it blowing around. The two other guys I was with were riding skinny tires, but had no problems with traction. We stayed on well travelled roads, much to the displeasure of the motorists. We got back to Lake Harriet with the winds really starting to pick up. Small drifts were starting to form, and at times I couldn't see across the lake, because of the blowing snow. I took off on my own for another 10 miles, and within 5 minutes without any warning the sun came out. The wind was gusting, I'd guess up to 30mph, and some of the paths I was on now, were drifting over. The ride out to Wayzata was almost humid, kind of misty, snowy, moist, and grey. Now it was hard, crisp, bright, and vividly blue and white. 40/13.3

No comments: