Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crunchy

Not much melting going on today. A more accurate statement would be no melting going on today.
A grey day with temps in the low 20's firmed what had been soft, and turned solid what had been liquid.
A heavier jacket was called up for service, and anticipating more ice on the trails the Winter Beast was the choice for workhorse. The greenway was nice and clear with only a few patches of ice, but the trail along the Mississippi River and Minnehaha Creek were a bit more dicey. It was a crunch fest out there. The Nokian Extremes once again served me well. 21/12.0

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Good for you on your consistency of getting "out" I rode the rolers. I hear a rumor of a ice storm coming. My concern about outdoor riding with that ice is not my stability but is those 4000 lb steel things running me over. :-)

tainterturtles said...

It stayed frosty all day around here in NW Wisconsin. Your Nokian Extremes sound perfect.