Saturday, January 23, 2010

There May Be Swear Words In This Post

2 hrs in the saddle and 1 on the elliptical, all INSIDE! Rain and ice...ice and rain... I just didn't have the balls to take a chance. MRDAVEYGIE was out in this stuff and my ridin' buddy Ron called me at about 10:30 and said, come on man let's go! He was in the saddle OUTSIDE for 3 1/2 hours.
I did a little rockin' and rollin' with some intervals, hill climbs and high cadence spins. I gotta pretty good work out in, just closed my eyes, cranked the cd player and sweated a river. Brain's mush though after all the stimuli one finds at the gym. No great conversation, No great scenery, No great friends (although I did see Matt), No great ride. Hey, I got through this post without swearing, not bad.

When You're Cool The Sun Shines All The Time

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I know your feeling all too well. The closing your eyes part does work wonders....that's how I climb those hills!

I liked the honesty of your post today.

MrDaveyGie said...

Tom you get the discipline award. Simply amazing you can get 3 hours in, indoors. I mentally fizzle after an hour indoors.