Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not As

...crunchy today. That ill east wind was blowing, which made me think this might be a less than wonderful ride. Turns out I'm not always right. Hmmm. This was a very nice ride. I rode down along the creek first, heading into the ill wind, but protected from it, by the trees. Got to the river and turned NW with the wind at my back all the way home.
Trails had softened up a little from yesterday, and there seemed to be a lot less ice on them. The sun even made a late afternoon appearance, which couldn't have been timed better. It was nice to have a shadow.
Really didn't need the Winter Beast's Nokians today, but I'd rather be safe and slow. 21/12.7

Weather is lookin' iffy for tomorrow and the weekend. I hope those weather guys are wrong.

3 comments:

StevenCX said...

Riding home with Nokians into a headwind was not fun.

tainterturtles said...

A peek of sunshine....lucky you!

MrDaveyGie said...

yeap, the weather, I cancelled my weekend trip to St. Paul to visit daughter Melissa. I think I will keep the Nokians on too, it sure makes you feel better when you hit ice patches, instead of holding your breath until you pass over it.