Saturday, February 13, 2010

Progress

Apparently, just like Superman, SuperAmy has a weakness. I won't go in to all the details, but two margaritas the night before a ride is part of how to slow her down.
Just an incredibly beautiful morning, with frozen fog frosted trees, and the sun playing a little hide-and-go-seek.
Wayzata was the stopping point for Amy and Steven. I continued on solo. An extra hill and another mile or two as mid February marks the time I like to start adding FUN to my rides. Fun, this time of year, is a euphemism for moans, groans, screaming quads and swearing. The first part of the ride was a little tough, but I actually started feeling better as the miles added up, excepting Christmas Lake hill with 13 miles to go. I felt good today. 51/15.8 (fastest and longest since December 5th)

I got a nosecicle and beardcicle while riding my bicycle today.

Water in waterbottle didn't do me a whole lotta good today.



4 comments:

amy said...

that is fast. I must identify your kryptonite. You better not fully reveal mine mister. I could have chased you all day today. I just chose not too.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

I know I came close to breaking the cyclist's cardinal rule, but I'm a firm believer in "WHAT'S SAID ON THE BIKE STAYS ON THE BIKE". Your secret is safe with me, Amy.

tainterturtles said...

I thought that was your January look. Geez....February isn't very forgiving.

Great mileage today.

MrDaveyGie said...

Yes, yes, and yes. Felt great to burn the quads, there is something "fun" about going faster. Bring on the melt.