Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beat The Snow

Amy and I started a little earlier to try and beat the predicted snow. It sounds like we're going to get a dumping. Not sure what was going to happen we hit the roads and headed for Wayzata. Acknowledging that we were both still feeling yesterday's trail miles, today's effort seemed destined to be short and sweet.
The asphalt went by fast, and with very little discussion about it, we turned around at Wayzata, even though the clouds couldn't totally hide the sun. A little more effort was now needed because the wind didn't turn around when we did, so Amy pushed hard.
It turned out to be a delightful morning of riding, with our unexpected, cloud defying companion. The snow held off. Who knows, maybe, just maybe the storm will miss Minnesota and hit Iowa or Wisconsin. It looks like Lisa's lake could use a little more snow on it anyways, and Mr. Dave likes those trails filled with the white stuff. 38/14.2

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Hey, now wait a minute....I busted my butt riding in 4-5 inches of snow today on the lake. I don't want anymore snow, so the storm can hover in Minnesota.

You do have a point about Mr. D....he LOVES to break trail!!!!!

MrDaveyGie said...

Uh UH!!! Dave has changed his snowy ways. I was up in St Paul today and I think the blowing snow followed me all the way home.
I now start the "wait" for a fast zippy ride on a light weight road bike with NO winter gear.