Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More Miles Less Gore

Winter has been on the run over the last week or so, but ended its retreat and fought back today, with a single digit windchill. I was back inside some heavier layers. At least there were no puddles...yeah, they all turned solid, slick and rutty.
Still improving. More miles ridden already this February than February 2009. My speeds are slower, but that's because of the bikes I've been on, and tires. I was riding stud-less this time last year. I'm a little older and wiser. 21/13.9

Results of Stud-less Riding This Week A Year Ago February of 2009

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Hmmm, Point well taken. Don't you just hate it when you are flying along studless, and suddenly notice you are on glare ice, you pretty much hold your breath and hope for the best. Oh I have a confession to make, "I did Nut'n tonight"

tainterturtles said...

I remember that photo from last year. Ouch all over again.

Glad you could get in a ride despite the windchill.