Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bit Of A Difference

Had a hard time deciding what bike to take out today, but finally settled on the Evil One, with a little prodding from Amy. The studded Nokians did come off and were replaced with Conti Contacts...a little higher psi and tread that has much less rolling resistance.
Not a cloud in the sky and the sun was doing a great job of keeping us comfortable. Lots of great talk and eventually we even got around to some hard riding.
Roads were clear and basically ice free. As the day wore on the ice oozed out from the road sides and over the asphalt, but the sun dampened any hopes the ice had of taking us down.
Amy wound up feeling pretty frisky on the inclines and seemed to want to charge at all of them. My quads were not and are still not happy with that. The rest of me is also still complaining. I can hear the Advil calling.
Same route as last Saturday. Conditions, temps...they were all about the same, but I came in 1.2 mph faster. Oh I'd like to say I'm improving, but in the real world all the credit goes to changing the tires. 61/17.2

1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

That is a good pace, your "roadieness" is showing. I'm thinking of "studless" myself and just avoiding the occasional patch of ice for pavement riding. I hear the advil calling myself. :-)