Saturday, June 5, 2010

Got Wet

This time I wasn't mislead by the weather guys. "B" bike, rear fender, long-sleeved base layer, and jacket got me through a steady rain. Amy and I were dry for maybe a third of the ride, but after Watertown there was no let up. Got a few comments about being on a bike in the rain, when we stopped to refuel in Watertown. No place I'd rather be though. Got another flat. What's the correlation between rain and flats?
Was on some of my favorite roads. Great rural landscapes, barns, horses, fields and rolling hills all looking fresh and clean due to the rain. A little mist in the air. A turtle on the road by Long Lake. This guy was massive. He definitely had a place to go and was heading there slow.

Lots of road grit in the bottom of the shower after the ride. 77/18.7

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Weds we had a deer running alongside us for a while. We eventually dropped her. Not long after that a fox ran across the road not far ahead of us. Love seeing animals on a ride.

MrDaveyGie said...

I think that was the turtle I raced last week, I couldn't beat him so he headed your way for some stronger competition.

tainterturtles said...

Hey, that turtle belongs to me!!!!

Yeah, I feel like a turtle these days. Why can life get so busy? Not fair.