Thursday, June 10, 2010

It Never Happend

Last night's weather report was all about the rain that was comin' - over an inch. My windshield got a drop or two on it when I went grocery shopping, but an inch?
Got a nice dry ride in tonight. 33/18.2
Last few times I rode the Evil One the bottom bracket was screaming and complaining, "let me out of here"! No work today, and the promise of a deluge over the weekend got me doing some more bike maintenance. Took the old bb out, cleaned things up a bit, and installed a bran-spankin-new bb. I put in a 107. The old one was a 110, but it was from when I had a triple on the front. Don't need the extra distance now, so a 107 should be just fine.
I go through bbs on the Evil One pretty quick, but then, it's the bike that I use in the most extreme conditions, so I s'ppose that makes sense.




2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

I am going to have to get on the stick and pull my BB out of my CX, it has a click.

tainterturtles said...

I was very glad the rain went south today.

So on your days off you do bike maintenance???? Oh that's right, you have buckles of bicycles. My daughter's next-door neighbor has like 7-8 bikes....and he's single!