Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Did It Again

A little thunder and wet roads so I grab the Evil One. It has full fenders. About 5 miles into the ride I hear waterfalls? Hmmm! No waterfalls yesterday when I rode by here. Kind of gray up ahead on the path...that's not gray or a waterfall that's rain. Massive downpour! I take refuge beneath an overpass. One cyclist already there. One guy just flies through like it's not even raining, then another refugee. Hey, here comes a rider from the other direction. She's not stopping. Hardcore. It's AMY! on her commute home from work. As she flies by, no rain gear, just shorts and jersey, I call out her name. She turns around and gathers under the bridge with the rest of us. She's nice enough to not call us wimps, 'cause, you know, it's just water after all. Rain's not done, but has let up, so we venture out from the shelter. We covered the same route as yesterday, but found new stuff to talk about. I managed to get a flat with 3 miles to go. It seems like I get a flat every time I'm riding in the rain. Not wanting to use a compressed air cartridge, I nurse the slow leak and make it home without getting off the bike. It's still on the balcony waiting for a new tube. 33/17.2


It's hard for me to see a sunset and not take a picture of it. Here's what I saw tonight.





5 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Amazing pictures, Amy rules, and rain makes us wet.

tainterturtles said...

I'm glad you got home tonight in time to catch those sunset shots...very nice.

Mr. DG is right, ditto on Amy. You need to start a blog Amy!!!!!

Amy said...

I don't need to have my own blog. I have Tom's blog.

Amy said...

I don't need my own blog. I have Tom's blog.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

And she insists on continuing to shave her legs.