Saturday, July 31, 2010

Farmington Ride

I was late, by 10 minutes , and they were nice enough to wait for me. I joined up with 6 or 7 and rode to Farmington. Not territory I'm too familiar with. Nice looking country down there, but then what's not to like when you're on a bike, and with friends.
Heather was giving a climbing clinic and showed what it means to dance on the pedals. Fortunately I was the only guy there who did NOT get beat up the climbs by a girl today. She and Eric had to get back to town early so they turned back at about the 30 mile mark.
Not too sunny, but we were downing lots of H20 due to the humidity. A couple of guys ran out before we stopped. I don't drink much so I was able to donate to their cause.
At 53 miles we were averaging 20.8. Yeah, we were playing hard today. Also at 53 miles I broke a spoke. It flew up in the air and missed hitting the guy behind me, in the face, by inches. Fortunately, my wheel was not rubbing on the frame, but it was way out of true. I had to take off one of the brake pads so the wheel could move freely.
Decided to throttle back a bit to lessen the torque and bumps on the wobbly rear wheel. I nursed the bike into Rosemount where the Kwik Stop does NOT have HoHos. But that was some mighty fine lime Gatorade.
Seemed like the wheel was going to get me home. Still had about 30 miles to go, but we were kind of enjoying the slower pace. I mean I like these guys and it was nice to talk to them.
Lots of fun today. Good ride.
Got home took my wheel over to Flanders...already have it back. 90/19.6

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Good cranking, way to fly. Hill racing is a killa.

tainterturtles said...

Sounds like a very good ride, with great people. Glad to see you are feeling rested.

Trissel said...

Thanks for coming down Tommy.