Sunday, August 1, 2010

Short Lived

We all know that my needed recovery was not long enough. I was feeling the error of my ways today. My solo effort up into Baker was beautiful, but a bit of a struggle. I'll try to be good tomorrow.
I love to ride with friends, and I love the reflection, searching, sifting out and introspection that comes from being the lone rider. I couldn't live without either. 50/18.2
Did a quick spin on The Truck over to Harriet this evening and caught a little of the Minneapolis Pops Orchestra at the band shell. They played the music my parents loved. Made me a little nostalgic. 10/11.1


Last night I was at Lake of the Isles. I mentioned in a previous post that it's getting a little crowded. I thought it might be interesting to see what it looks like while I'm taking some of my images.
This is very close to what my eyes saw around me as I was taking the next image.
The only thing I did to get this next shot was change the shutter speed, zoom in a little and, of course, point the camera in a different direction. Everything else was exactly the same.

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

It is so hard trying to facilitate recovery,because it means less riding time, and/or taking it easy. There is not a cell in our bodies that want that. Seems I put it off until the pain of injury forces recovery. Oh well, probably wouldn't change if I could.
Ride on bro.
Dave in Dubuque

tainterturtles said...

Only you can decide what is best. Hang in there.

I would have to hear the orchestra. City livin has it's advantages.