Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wet Without Rain

Woke up to fog this morning, which was a blessing. Dew points in the 70's. If the sun had been out we would've evaporated. We were very grateful for its shyness. Virtually no wind. Unbelievable how humid it was today. The sweat faucet was wide open. Thank God the sun only showed up a few times. Just to give you an idea of the sweating that was going on; I've been home for an hour and a half now. I just went over to my bike and squeezed my handle bars below the brake levers in the drops. The bar tape is still wet with sweat, so wet that sweat dripped from where I squeezed onto the floor.
A nice flat route, with a couple of rollers just before Hanover that got us breathing a little heavy. Otherwise a pretty typical Harry Legge ride, get up to speed and peg it there.
Cheesy Crackers in Delano! I had an extra cup cake at a party last night, so I passed on experiencing HoHos in Delano today.
Cam, Charles, Amy and me enjoyed talkin' and doing some catchin' up. Cam's visiting from out of town, and Charles has been off racing all over the country. He did Leadville last weekend. Lots to talk about.
Pretty uneventful ride, although we got to change Amy's one flat twice. Charles couldn't help himself...something about those city limit signs.
I'm lucky to have good friends. Thanks you guys! Oh and Amy got a little sentimental today. She told me, "I don't hate you so much". Could life get any better? 83/20.1

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

ahhhh yes, the bestest of times, hmmmm seems that for the most part occurs on a bike. That being said, bike is ready to rock again tomorrow. Happy rides bik'n bro.

tainterturtles said...

Riding with friends is the only way to go. Sounds like a good ride today.

So glad to hear Amy still appreciates you! Life can be good.