Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Out Of The Blue

Another hot one today. Triple digit heat index. Didn't amp up the watts too high on the cranks today. 33/17.0

Speaking of weather:
I've been in Minnesota for all but 8 of my almost 52 years. I lived in Idaho for 3 years. Those 3 years were spent 1 mile above sea level. During that time I saw the northern lights, witnessed a tornado crossing a potato field less than 1/2 a mile from where I was standing, also spotted a funnel cloud, woke up to an actual air temp of -36, lived through an 8.6 earthquake, arrived there 2 1/2 months after a 6 foot wall of water came through the town I lived in, and last and probably most cataclysmic met my ex there. Never experienced any of this anywhere else.

I'll take the humidity any day!

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

It's that "cataclysmic" event that really alters one's path.

However we "ride on"

tainterturtles said...

Good perspective on life.

mrbill said...

Don't think I'll move to Idaho!