Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday At The Fair

Rode over to the Minnesota State Fair to get my deep fried cheese curd fix satisfied. Looks like the need for cheese curds is more wide spread than I figured. Unbelievable how many people were there. With the exception of 2 or 3 city blocks, the 11 mile ride to the fair was all on paved bike trail, or streets with dedicated bike lanes. Then I parked my bike in a secure bike lot within 10 feet of a Fair entrance. This is one bike friendly city. 21/16.1
My two must see favorite fair exhibits

Later in the day Calhoun had white caps from 20-30 mph winds, which these wind surfers couldn't resist.

2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

I think I just might have to move up there close to the grandson to get that kind of bike friendlynes.
In this town, bicyclist are car targets.

Have a good rid'n weekend.

Dave

tainterturtles said...

What a fun night, and to think you didn't even have to drive to the fairgrounds!

Cheese curds....that's a good choice.