Monday, August 23, 2010

Feeling Old

It's been awhile since I've been this tired. The old hairy body ain't as young as it used to be. Stayin' up late, eatin', drinkin' and ridin' hard might be OK for the 20 somethings, but not me. Although, I had a great weekend, I just didn't expect to pay so much for it.
About 3 miles into my ride I called for a truce, with my body. The negotiated terms were, if I gave up the need for speed, I could have the miles. 33/16.5 (I gotta admit I was expecting the 15's).

Before my ride this afternoon, took a walk at the Eloise Butler Wildflower and Bird Refuge.

I saw this guy the Hairy Woodpecker (no joke) also known as the Downy Woodpecker.




After my ride, caught the sun setting behind the leading edge of the cold front clouds, that are bringing, with them, the end of humidity.

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, I know, the old gray mare ain't what she used to be. But we still ride, and ride well we do.

:-)

tainterturtles said...

At least you and your body have a mutual understanding!

Your photo are great HL's. Get some rest/sleep.

mrbill said...

Unfortunately I know all about "Old and Tired", I know we hate it, but sometimes we just have to recover.
Nice pics, got several woodpeckers on our place, really like em, ours are the big Red headed variety.