Thursday, July 29, 2010

It Was The Tri-Guy's Fault (no crash)

I was just out following my recovery regime and this tri-guy flies by. I resisted, honest, then a kid goes by trying to catch the tri-guy. That did it. I shifted down to my 16 and was up out of the saddle. Caught the kid in a matter of seconds, the tri-guy had some distance on me. 27-28mph and he was getting larger. Finally got his wheel and settled in at about 21-22. He knew I was behind him. I figured he was training, and since it's against the rules to draft in tri, I stayed behind. Took about a mile to catch him, and I was in his draft for about 4 miles. Very nice! He turned off and I gave him a THANKS VERY MUCH! 33/18.1

Haven't had a lot of work this week. The bikes know when I'm bored they should be worried. The Winter Beast n/k/a The Truck was today's victim. Old Blue will resume it's winter duties when the snow falls.
Put new bars on The Truck with Tiagra shifters and new white bar tape.
Also put a rear rack on the front.
This is how I did it. 3/4 inch clamps just above the fork drop-outs.
Got the idea from a guy at the Hub. Had to hack-saw off about a half inch of thread.
Mounted the top to the fork with an angle. My idea.
Works good!
Took The Truck out for a 10 mile test drive, and caught the sun falling behind these trees. Fires up in Saskatchewan again, gave the sunset a deeper red tonight.
43 total miles today. A 300+ mile week.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

The Truck is very handsome. Love the racks.

Very nice sunset. My photos tonight were not anything great, just a pink sun.

Ten extra miles tonight? Is this part of your downsizing???? Nice.

MrDaveyGie said...

awww YES, the competitiion. Great job bro. I ran into a guy that I raced a few weeks ago, and lost. We ride the same teritory often. We talked I told him that was the hardest workout I had all year, he said me too. He was 43, but I told him, your going down. :-)

StevenCX said...

Drafting a triathlete is very, uh, brave.