Saturday, July 17, 2010

Enjoyable And Fun

Four of us started out with a couple needing to peel off early. The plan was to be a little cautious today, because of the heat. Temp was 92 with a dew point of 62 when I got home. Not too bad. Today's route had some rollers, but really no tough climbs unlike last week. Again just wanted to be careful. Nary a breeze to be felt kept our effort moderate, adding a little more conversation and scenery viewing to the ride.
HoHos in Delano!
We did have to deal with a flat. Amy had that thing fixed in record time. I had a couple of minor mechanicals. Some road debris (looked sort of like a paper clip) got caught in my rear derailleur, and later my stem needed to be adjusted (still not real clear about what happened), but we got home fine.
No oxygen deprived quads, I've actually been able to get up from the couch several times, (glad Vino won today), and, if the rain stops, I might actually get out and do something tonight. All this adds up to a very nice ride. 85/19.9

Rode by The Depot twice today at 9:30 and 1:30. Lots of cyclists stop there, but I'm not a big fan.

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

awwww, yes, wonderful, life on bike..

Amy said...

Pleasant.

tainterturtles said...

@ 92 degrees this afternoon, no one wanted to ride....except for me. Bike man did some work for our daughter in her garage so he was not up for riding. We'll try again another weekend.

PS. Yup, the Depot would have been fun...minus the heat.