Monday, July 5, 2010

Good Old Friend

Rode out to Shorewood with a nice group from TCBC. Went right by Ron's house... his garage door was open. Yeah, you guessed it. I told the nice group of cyclists bye, and turned back to ask Laurie (Ron's wife) if he could come out and play. SHE SAID, "YES"! Ron was ready to ride in nothin' flat, and Laurie was nice enough to fill up my water bottles with ice cold water.
Get Ron and me together and it's like a couple of old ladies....just yackin' away catchin' up on the latest gossip. Ron's my age, but his kids are the ages of my grand kids, so he doesn't have a whole lot of free time, and we don't get to ride together now like we used to.
Needless to say, it was great to ride with him. 54/18.2

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I bet Ron enjoyed his ride, chatting all the way with his long time friend. The miles just fly by don't they?

Hope you missed the heavy rain this afternoon. The skies were really dark and scary.

MrDaveyGie said...

Bravo, Ron needed that.