Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's Official

Looks like recovery will be a part of the riding regime for awhile, the legs are continuing to raise a little hell. I'm not complaining at all. July has been a month with some very good riding. I just need to give the old hairy legs a bit of a rest. That does not mean off the bike, just a bit of an ease-up. 33/17.1

I got out after the storms last night and took the pictures that are in my July 27th post.
It had been terribly humid all day. The front came through, with its storms, and some very welcome dry relief. So, I was standing in the middle of all this humidity with a cool dry breeze coming at me from across the lake, trying to take these shots. It was amazing to feel the two extremes at the same time. Rain was still coming down, and I had to wipe the lens often to keep it free of drops. I was getting wet, with the wind blowing, but stayed warm, because it was still so humid. There was thunder and lightning striking to the back of me, which added to the excitement of what I was seeing, and created a shudder moving up and down my spine.

Images are wonderful, but sight is only one of our senses.

4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

I'm a scaridy scat when it comes to bicycling and lightning. I hear a rumor that a cool front in coming, should help put some zap back in our zip.
Amazing pictures again.

amy said...

the contrast is mind boggling isn't is? I love it. I hope we have a few more of those scorching wet days. And, you will be happy to know, this morning I am so tired I could cry or puke or something. Hill ride last night.

tainterturtles said...

Those were some really like storm/lake pics...it was well worth the venturing out.

Yup, recovery is good. Your legs will love you!

mrbill said...

Pictures always remind me of those travel posters, beautiful Travel Posture of the "Mosquito Coast", really beautiful, BUT, you can't see the mosquitos.