Sunday, October 24, 2010

Friends

Got out with some teammates on a cool, drizzly, foggy, wet ride today. Glasses didn't do much good as the surrounding weather accumulated on my lenses. The gray mist was beautiful as it laid low over Lake Minnetonka, and subtle images of the last colors of fall appeared as hazy hallucinations hanging over the water from the shore. Geese resting on the boundary-less water anticipating their escape and the long flight from the frozen forthcoming grasp of winter. And friends...all of this with friends. Thanks Greg, Ellen, Paula, Collin, Mike and Amy. 43/18.1

Speaking of friends, got over to a party last night with the team. Beer, food, wine, laughs and a great bonfire. Life is good!


4 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Friends and campfires must have been the mood throughout the Twin Cities! Last night was a perfect one.

As for today, friends make it perfect. Nice.

Lynne said...

I'm not as positive as you are. I did *not* enjoy the first hour of riding in the mist. Just do not like to ride in the wet. But after that, I would have to agree with you. Was very tired (and hungry!) by the time I arrived home, but it was soooo worth it. How many more times will we be able to ride so far or so long this year? Not many, I would guess. On the other hand, I think it is time. Time for riding in a white wonderland with a warm cup of coffee right in the middle, and then snuggling with kitty (um, I guess your legs are a hairy enough substitute) under a warm blanket.
I's all wordy today. :)

MrDaveyGie said...

Beer, friends, bonfire, priceless..Fall has been for us bikies.

mrbill said...

Sounds like the perfect day, a good ride, and then a campfire with friends, I'm jealous.