Saturday, January 7, 2012

Remarkable

Really all that needs to be said is, 4 cyclists, 64 miles, road bikes, January 7th, and I'm tired.
Just amazing to be out on this kind of a ride in January. And, just for the record, we deserve it. 64/17.2

Pretty cool looking sky out there tonight. Lots of stars. Orion is easily spotted in the southern sky. Venus is as bright as it gets, and the moon is spectacular. I'm getting closer to understanding the awe that the ancients found in the night sky, and the travels of the planets, stars and moon. I find it easy to sit, ponder and watch, wondering about these bodies, their movements and imagining the meaning that is added to my existence, by the regularity of their appearance, in my upward gaze.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

It really was an awesome January day.

Beautiful moon shot.